Terms of Service
Last updated: 1 June, 2019
COWO Pte. Ltd. (“COWO” or “we” or “our” or “us”) may amend and update these Terms of Service from time to time. You are therefore advised to check the Platform regularly to ensure that you are aware of any amendments to the Terms of Service. Please read these terms of service carefully as they contain important information regarding your legal rights, remedies and obligations. By continuing to access or use the Platform, you signify that you have read and understood the Terms of Service and agree to be bound by the same, as well as any amended version thereof. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the Platform.
- About COWO. The Platform and Services comprise an online platform through which coworkers search for office and services related to them, get matched online, get booking and eventually can transact online via our payment gateway. You understand and agree that COWO is not a party to any agreements entered into between office operators/ service providers and coworkers, nor is COWO a real estate broker, agent or insurer. COWO has no control over the conduct of office operators/ service providers, coworkers and other users of the Platform and Services or any space, and disclaims all liability in this regard to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Payment Obligations.
- Invoice will be generated to you in respect of our fees incurred by you, based on your undertaken Service from COWO.
- Fees for our Services are net of any tax or duties that are due.
- The payment methods shall be as notified by COWO to you, including but not limited to payment methods provided by third party payment processors. COWO may add or remove payment methods at its sole discretion.
- You agree to comply with the payment procedures as may be notified to you by COWO and/or the relevant payment processor(s).
- Representations and Warranties. You agree to use the Platform and Services for your personal use and you warrant that; you are using your true identity, any personal data you have provided to us is true, accurate, complete and current and that you undertake to maintain and update your personal data to ensure it continues to be true, accurate, complete and current. Your commercial use is limited to transactions done on your behalf. Partners and/or retail businesses may provide information to consumers via the Services or, where authorized, take actions on behalf of a consumer (e.g. list a business service for hire, post information in service page, etc.). Subject to the restrictions set forth in the following paragraphs, you are granted a limited and non-transferable license to copy information from the Services only as necessary for your personal use to (a) view and (b) print. You agree not to otherwise reproduce, modify, distribute, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any portion of the Platform or Services. We reserve the right, with or without notice and in our sole discretion to terminate your license to use the Services, and to block or prevent your future access to and/or use of the Platform and the Services.
- Restrictions. You agree not to remove or modify any copyright or other intellectual property notices that appear in or at the Platform or Services. You will not use the Services for resale, service bureau, time-sharing or other similar purposes. Further, you shall not, and shall not permit any other person, to::
- Attempt to undermine the security or integrity of COWO’s computing systems or networks or, where the Platform and Services are hosted by a third party, that third party’s computing systems and networks;
- Access, monitor or copy any content on the Platform using technology, software, or any program either manually or automatically for any purpose without the written permission from COWO;
- Use, or misuse, the Services in any way which may impair the functionality of the Services, or other systems used to deliver the Services or impair the ability of any other user to use the Services;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any materials other than those to which you have been given express permission to access or to the computer system on which the Services are hosted;
- Transmit, or input into the Platform, any: files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software, content that may be defamatory, obscene, harassing or offensive, or material or data in violation of any law (including data or other material protected by copyright or trade secrets which you do not have the right to use) or which is deemed unacceptable by us in our sole discretion; and
- Attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs used to deliver the Services or to operate the Platform.
- Intellectual Property Rights. The content of the Site is protected by copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights.
- You acknowledge and agree that the legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights to the content of the Services, which shall include all current and future copyright, patent, trade marks or rights in databases, inventions or trade secrets, know-how, rights in designs, trade and business names, domain names, marks and devices (whether or not registered) and all other intellectual property rights and applications for any of those rights (where such applications can be made) capable of protection in any relevant country in the world, is COWO or its licensors (as the case may be).
- You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, adapt, transfer, sell, distribute, or use for commercial purposes, any of the materials, data or content on the Services without written permission from COWO.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you may not reproduce, modify, copy, adapt, transfer, sell, distribute, or use for commercial purposes, any floor plan generated by the Services, unless you are the Office Operators or Service Providers sharing the information with the prospective customer.
- You agree to grant us the worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free right by way of licence to publish, transmit, perform, display, upload, download, communicate to the public, or otherwise transfer or make available your content which is provided to us. For the purposes of this clause, “content” includes but is not limited to information, pricing, data, materials, text, images, diagrams, and pictures.
- Disclaimers. If you choose to use the Platform and the Services or collective content or participate in the referral program, you do so at your sole risk. You acknowledge and agree that COWO does not have an obligation to conduct background checks on any member, including, but not limited to, Office Operators, Service Providers and coworkers, but may conduct such background in its sole discretion. If we choose to conduct such checks, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim warranties of any kind, either express or implied, that such checks will identify prior misconduct by a user or guarantee that a user will not engage in misconduct in the future.
- The Platform and Services, collective content and referral program are provided “as is”,without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Without limiting the foregoing, COWO explicitly disclaims any of warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, quiet enjoyment or non-infringement, and any warranties arising out of course of dealing or usage of trade. COWO makes no warranty that the Platform, Services, collective content, including, but not limited to, the listings or any spaces, or the referral program will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. COWO makes no warranty regarding the quality of any listings, space, service providers, coworkers, users, the services or collective content or the accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any collective content obtained through the Platform, services or referral program.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from COWO or through the Platform, services or collective content, will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
- You are solely responsible for all of your communications and interactions with other users of the Platform, or services and with other persons with whom you communicate or interact as a result of your use of the Platform, or services, including, but not limited to, any Office Operators, Service Providers or coworkers. You understand that COWO does not make any attempt to verify the statements of users of the Platform, or services or to review or visit any accommodations. COWO makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of users of the Platform, services or their compatibility with any current or future users of the Platform, or services. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all communications and interactions with other users of the Platform, or services and with other persons with whom you communicate or interact as a result of your use of the Platform, or services, including, but not limited to, any Office Operators, Service Providers or coworkers, particularly if you decide to meet offline or in person regardless of whether such meetings are organized by COWO. COWO explicitly disclaims all liability for any act or omission of any guest or other third party.
- Indemnities. You agree to indemnify and hold us, and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of any content that you submit, post, transmit or make available on the Platform, your use of the Platform, your connection to the Platform, your violation of the Terms of Service, or your violation of any rights of another party.
- Limitation of Liability.
- To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any losses or damages, whether direct or indirect, including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of data, and any other consequential, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the Platform or Services.
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude either party’s liability for personal injury or death caused by its negligence.
- Any claim of any nature whatsoever by either party against the other party and any action against the other party must be commenced within 2 years after the date on which the cause of action arises, following which the aggrieved party shall have no further claim whatsoever against the other party.
- Termination or Discontinuance. We may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, at our sole discretion immediately terminate your account (if any). Cause for such termination shall include without limitation:
- breaches or violations of the Terms of Service, or other incorporated documents, guidelines or rules;
- request by law enforcement or other government agencies;
- self-initiated account deletions;
- infringement of intellectual property rights of others;
- discontinuance or material modification to the services on the Website, or part thereof
- unexpected technical or security issues or problems; or
- extended periods of inactivity.
- General. The Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore, and any claims or disputes of whatever nature shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
- the failure of COWO to enforce any right or provision of these terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of COWO. Except as expressly set forth in these terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these terms or otherwise. If for any reason an arbitrator or a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these terms will remain in full force and effect.
- Third party beneficiary these terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than the parties. The dispute resolution section shall be removed and is not applicable.
- All notifications to us pursuant to the Terms of Service shall be sent via email to email@example.com.